Many students work and study at the same time. Having a part-time job or summer work is very common in the Czech Republic. There are working options for international students as well, just be prepared that the job offer may be limited due to the fact that most jobs require fluency in the Czech language. However, there are many international companies operating in big cities, where your ability to speak or understand various languages can be a plus.

Minimum salary­ 11000 CZK, about 500 USD­
Average salary­ 28000 CZK, about 1350 USD­
Typical for part time for students­ 100 czk per hour, about ­5 USD­

If you are a third country citizen (i.e. not an EU/EAA or Swiss citizen), you are allowed to work while studying, but please bear in mind that you are staying in the Czech Republic on basis of a visa for study purposes, therefore paid work cannot be your primary occupation during your stay. Your work should not affect your studies.

Third country students studying in the Czech Republic in a present (daily) form of studies in a degree programme accredited by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports don’t need an employment permit. The employer is only obliged to notify the relevant regional office of the Public Employment Service of the start of your work.

Third country students who come only for a student exchange or study in a distance form of studies are allowed to work without an employment permit too, but only if they are up to the age of 26 and their performance of work does not exceed 7 consecutive calendar days or a total of 30 days within a calendar year.

When looking for a job, try career centres and info desks at universities first, as the faculties should have contacts in a variety of industries. You should also ask your friends, classmates, local students or professors. Besides, you can start your search through the job portals or to contact directly someone from a chosen company.

After graduation from university ( its really advisable to start the process in 6 months prior to graduation) students can participate in different governmental projects that lead to permanent residency and citizenship ( usually given after 5 years of being PR holder).